Sunday 9 February 2014

Sochi 2014

Well done to Jenny Jones who has won Team GB's first ever medal on snow; a bronze in the ladies' slopestyle snow board event. Of course in our excitement we shouldn't forget the magnificent achievements of Jaime Anderson (USA) and Enni (Finland) who deservedly won the gold and silver medals. What is amazing about Jenny is that she learned to snowboard on a dry slope in Bristol and honed her skills as a chalet girl.

Taken from the television with the camera on my tablet. For some reason the photograph of the full podium didn't come out - probably meaning that I didn't actually take it!

I hope this gives young people the hope that with commitment,hard work, skill and a bit of good luck anything is possible...


2 comments:

  1. It was a great result and she was so excited. Have a good Sunday, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about the Olympics today for ABC Wednesday -and posted it already. I mentioned Jenny Jones, too, but of course we're rooting for Canada. Come on over to read my post!

    ReplyDelete