Thursday 4 December 2014

Another day, another walk…

We’ve done a lot of walking lately. With friends, neighbours, ex-colleagues and sometimes on our own, as we did yesterday. It was a wonderful day; cold, sunny with a cloudless blue sky. David Bailey and I walked across to the Sandon Estate which is across the other side of the Trent valley.

I really enjoyed being out, and it was afternoons like this that I hoped retirement would bring.

P1020094

P1020095

This is my idea of Enid Blyton’s Faraway Tree, in winter. No longer PC, but her books started, and kept me reading!

P1020102

A folly which started its life at Trentham Gardens.

P1020108

P1020116

I’d love to see the arrangement of fires in this house…

P1020121

Sandon Church.

P1020124

When our former C of E vicar and his wife died they were buried in a special part of the churchyard in a Greek Orthodox ceremony. Father Grace was the one who told my heathan husband that a plaque on our wall contained a quotation from St Paul’s letter to the Phillipians. Tim repeated this to everyone as the Philistines!!

P1020126

My favourite. You can see Rugeley Power Station in the background, framed by the tree.

P1020106

Today we are joining a walk organised by some of Tim’s former LEA colleagues, followed by a Christmas lunch at a local bistro.

Watch this space…

7 comments:

  1. Great photos, it looks like a fun walk.I wish I still had all my Enid Blyton books, not sure where they went. Guess in al the moving we have done over the years they were sent off somewhere! Have a good day Dianexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see retirement being such a pleasure for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures David!! and a selfy??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely walk in beautiful sunshine and interesting photos too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and such lovely weather. .... helps make retirement even more brilliant. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. This retirement lark is certainly growing on me... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleased to see that you are enjoying retirement. A Happy Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete