Saturday 13 August 2016

Reflections…

I’m not going to attempt to explain my absence from blogging over the past four months. We’ve been busy with a wedding, but perhaps more about that and other diversions in future posts.

Following a wonderful evening at Les Tilleuils bar in Barrou listening to Angie Palmer (a link to Jim Craig’s Loire Valley Experiences blog) perform, enjoying a lethal punch, steak frites all washed down with a nice rosé, we were up and about early for a walk around Le Petit-Pressigny.

IMG_2730

IMG_2732

IMG_2733

We’d decided that if there was to be a walk today it would need to be an early one. Temperatures are set to soar over the next few days and Celine at the boucherie assures me that by Monday we can expect 34C, followed by storms on Wednesday!

Walking just after 7am the temperatures were cool and refreshing, although warmer in the sunshine. Everywhere was quiet, but even at that early hour there was a lot of activity at the fishing lake, with even a queue for the toilet!!

A few reflections along the way. For how much longer, I wonder, will we see the Union flag alongside the EU flag as we see the Tricolor outside the salle des fetes? I am desperately disappointed (to put it mildly) about how things have turned out with the referendum vote for Brexit… 

P1070381

P1070384

P1070364

P1070366

P1070367

Something new has appeared in the smaller lake. Certainly not the one that got away…

P1070368

A closer look…

P1070370

P1070373

Look closely and you will see someone lurking in the roses…

P1070379

It’s days like these that make you count your lucky stars just a bit more carefully…

 

7 comments:

  1. No explanation needed, being retired is much busier than working :-) I know the feeling so well. Lovely post and great photos. We must make a plan!!!!!! Have a good Sunday Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must! Perhaps we could meet for lunch near Poitiers, sometime. X

      Delete
    2. Sounds good and maybe we can get Kerry and Roger to meet us as well. I know they have more visitors arriving but if we can pick a date and a place when it suits us all. Maybe Jean and Nick also? Just have to find a good place to meet up. Let us know we are pretty flexible at the moment. Diane

      Delete
  2. 7.00 am...would have to take my laptop with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another early riser! Although I must say I don't often see the 5.45 of my working days, any more.

      Delete
  3. So that's what it is like at that time of day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm a morning person. If I don't do a task in the morning the chances are that it won't get done!

      Delete