Sunday 11 September 2011

Monday music .......... my virtual jukebox, a day early .....

My virtual jukebox has been posted a day early, on Sunday September 11th 2011, ten years on from a man made tragedy which devastated the lives of so many people, and directly, or indirectly, is still doing so today.

The unimaginable happened, and wherever we were we looked on in disbelief. We can all remember where we were, and what we were doing when the first plane crashed into the North tower of the World Trade Centre. I was at home (I didn’t work full time in those days) with the TV on and I remember ringing Tim at work.

I've chosen a couple of songs played by James Taylor and recorded at the concert for New York City in October 2001, which end with the uplifting 'Up On the Roof'.

Enough from me ........



3 comments:

  1. I was at work when one of our patients rushed in for treatment with the news of the the first tower. When she left she was back in seconds with the news of the second tower. Amazing how things like that stick in your mind. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were living in Maastricht--I was at school and we had quite a number of American students [both civilian and military]. As news of the tragedy filtered through it was harrowing. In the aftermath, being an international school we had a security review & were on the Dutch police 'orange' watch list--they kept an good eye on us. We coped as best we could with those directly affected. Happily none of the students lost a close relative, but some did have relatives who'd had very close calls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two sons, my nephew and me all on eldest's bed just staring at his portable TV. We couldn't move to go downstairs to the larger set.
    Today I drove home listenting to the 10 year anniversary stuff. Not good driving on a motorway crying at the silence at Ground Zero

    ReplyDelete